Terms of Service
Legally speaking, this is the set of rules that you have to agree to in order to use the product. You'll find all the usual suspects here; limited-liability, jurisdiction, etc.
Keep in mind that just by using ChewConn, or logging in, you are automatically agreeing to the following terms.
This document, hereafter referred to as "Terms of Service", lays out the terms and conditions for using ChewConn ("we" or "us"), which collectively refers to this website ("Website") and the ChewConn iOS application ("App"). Our services (collectively referred to as "Services"), technology which enables students at the University of Connecticut to view food and restaurants in the Storrs area via the Website and App, is indended for use by mobile phone users, restaurants, and individuals who wish to display their restaurant(s) on ChewConn (collectively referred to as "you").
ChewConn is not affiliated with or endorsed by the University of Connecticut ("UConn"), and we do not use official logos or branding from UConn. Information about UConn's dining hall menus and nutritional information is publicly available on the Internet.
- By using any of the ChewConn products, software, or services, you agree to be bound by the following Terms of Service.
- ChewConn reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service at any time without notice. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at: https://chewconn.trevshop.com
- The failure of ChewConn to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- You agree that ChewConn owns all legal rights in the Service. You must not remove, modify or obscure any legal notices. You are not entitled to use ChewConn's trademarks, trade names, brands, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
- Violation of any of the terms below can result in the termination of your user-account or access to the Services. Violation of any of the terms will also terminate your usage rights of the Services.
- If a provision of this agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect: (i) the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this agreement; or (ii) the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this agreement.
- These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and ChewConn and replace all previous agreements under this title. There are no verbal subsidiary agreements.
- These Terms of Service, and your relationship with ChewConn under these Terms of Service, shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America. You and ChewConn agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of United States courts to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms of Service.
Provision of the Services by ChewConn
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- ChewConn does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations, (ii) the Services will be delivered uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) any errors in the Services will be corrected.
- You understand and agree that ChewConn shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of business reputation, loss of data, cost of procurement of substitute goods or Services, or other intangible loss, resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) any changes which ChewConn may make to the Services, or any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through the use of the Services; (v) or any other matter relating to the Services.
- Technical support is provided on a best-effort basis and only by e-mail.
- You understand that ChewConn can use third parties (e.g., hosting partners) to provide the necessary resources (e.g., hardware, software, networking, storage, etc.) to run the Services.
- ChewConn may stop, remove, modify, or add (permanently or temporarily) Services (or features within Services) at ChewConn's sole discretion. Any new, changed, or removed features are subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Services after any such changes constitute your consent to the changes.
Use of the Services by you
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (i) the Terms of Service and (ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
- For certain services, ChewConn may offer or require you to register for a user-account. You ensure that all registration information you provide will always be valid, correct, and up to date. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user-account and password. User-accounts registered by bots or other automated methods are not permitted.
- For certain services, ChewConn may offer to upload photos. You are responsible to not upload an abusive photo, to not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, and to not use a design or image which other ChewConn users may deem offensive.
- For certain services, ChewConn may offer to define a personal URL (web address). You understand that ChewConn can rename or reject your personal URL, e.g., if you intentionally or unintentionally interfere with a trademark owner or because your personal URL is deemed offensive.
- You agree that you will not impersonate another person.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose without the express written permission by ChewConn.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that ChewConn has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms of Service and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which ChewConn may suffer) of any such breach.
- ChewConn reserves the right (but has no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content or user-account from any of the Services at ChewConn's sole discretion. You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Services at your own risk.
Use of Services to display restaurants
Any use of any of our ChewConn subscription offerings to feature a restaurant in the App is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- ChewConn is billed in advance and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds also in the following explicit cases: unavailability of services, downgrade, unused services, or when the functionality of services is changed.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests via a ChewConn user-account may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of the user-account. ChewConn determines abuse or excessive usage at its sole discretion.
- If you subscribe to our ChewConn offering in order to show a restaurant in the App, your user account is identified by an e-mail address. If you use several different e-mail addresses to create different accounts, then each unique e-mail address will count as a separate user account.
- If you subscribe to our ChewConn offering in order to show a restaurant in the App, you define a set of attributes and images to describe your restaurant. You understand that ChewConn can change and modify any of this content at our sole discretion, e.g., if you intentionally or unintentionally interfere with a trademark owner, or if the content is deemed inappropriate.
- ChewConn allows you to set attributes on a restaurant such as text descriptions and images. You are responsible to not use an abusive design, to not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, and to not use a design which other ChewConn users may deem offensive.
- ChewConn reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend user-account immediately if any of these terms are violated. ChewConn determines violation at its sole discretion. If a user-account is to be suspended, ChewConn will make a reasonable attempt by e-mail to warn the user-account owner prior to suspension.
- A ChewConn subscription is always associated with a user-account. All communication will be directed to the e-mail address associated with that user-account. You are responsible to keep your user-account information up-to-date.
Modifications to the Prices
- Prices of all Services are subject to change. If they change, the changes do not affect running subscriptions but will take effect only for any subsequent subscription period you choose to purchase.
- ChewConn is not liable to you or to any third party for any price change.
- Participation in the Service is entirely optional, and you may end your participation at any time by deleting the App or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may terminate the Service or your participation in the Service at any time for any reason with or without notice to you.